Friday, April 6, 2012

One Year Ago...Remembering Halee

I can't help it...I've been watching the clock like a hawk watches prey since yesterday morning.  Retracing Halee and Zach's steps...wondering what made her decide that April 6th would be her last day on earth.  I wondered how many times she laughed, how many time Zach laughed that day. 

As 10pm came and went in my California time zone I knew that one year ago Halee laid in Zach's arms, told him she loved him and left him two beautiful photos of herself. 

As midnight passed in my time zone I knew Halee was on her way home, to end her life.

So many rumors surrounded her death...and later the death of my son Zach.

To clear up a few...There was no fight between Halee and Zach.  Zach did not break off his date with Halee to the prom, Halee did not tell Zach she was going to end her life and this was not a planned "suicide pact."

Like anyone else here on earth who loved Halee, had Zach known what Halee was going to do, he wouldn't have let her leave that night.  He would have followed her home and told someone.  He would have held her down with his two arms to keep her safe...

One year ago my son's heart was broken along with hundreds of others.  He cried and cried...I could hardly make out the words he was saying to me...I kept asking him, "What?" "What?" 

One year ago...my life changed.  I had no idea just how much it would change until I received my own phone call on April 8th that my son had been found...he was already gone.

From my broken heart, I beg and plead that you reach out and help someone in need!  DON'T leave them alone!  If you are afraid they may hurt themselves...STAY with them, call the police, tell your parents, friends, family...ANYONE!  Don't leave them alone!

If you, yourself are feeling suicidal, please, reach out for help.  Don't stay in and alone.  REACH OUT!  PLEASE!  You have are LOVED and NEEDED by sooo many!  You may think that no one cares, but everyone cares! 
Please call 1-800-273-TALK or 911 and get some help! 
 By you reaching out for help and receiving help you may one day help someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment