Saturday, June 4, 2011

Suicide Prevention Is Everyone's Responsibility

Please educate yourself and your children on suicide prevention!
Learn the warning signs!
Teach your kids that it's okay to tell if someone they know is talking about or showing signs that they may hurt themselves!
Don't learn the hard way!
When your family member or friend is gone...it's too late.

**************

I recently received an e-mail from a heartbroken friend of my son's who said,
"I thought he might hurt himself and I didn't call...now I don't know what to do."
It's too late for this person to make that call and now this person is living with enormous pain and guilt. 
Pain and guilt that could have been prevented!

Please don't let another day pass without speaking to your kids about what to do if they are faced with this situation.

Suicide doesn't discriminate! 
It happens in all age groups, races, cultures and religions.

Open your mind ~ You may be saving a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment