Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Year...already?




While it feels like the rest of the world is celebrating this New Years Eve, I'm thinking about 2011.

I've said it before and will say it again...A part of my life stopped on April 8th, 2011 and the world continued to move on without me.

Where have the past months gone?

How can it be that Zach's death anniversary is so close?

Will the heartache I feel ever ease up?

What can I do to help others so they don't make the same choice?

So many things have gone through my head today...I just can't believe in less than an hour it will be a new year...

I decided to ask my family if they would like to join me in a special New Years balloon release for Zach.
They did.

We each wrote a note to Zach...

Part of mine read... "I wish I could hold you in my arms."

If you have thought about suicide, please think about this simple sentence.

You may think that no one will miss you, no one would wish to hold you in their arms...I'm here to tell you, you are WRONG.
You are LOVED!  More than you may ever know.

You bring HAPPINESS to those who love and know you!

Things WILL get better!

Please reach out for help.
Please don't make the same decision as Zach and so many others have.

Please read my words, feel my pain and CHOOSE LIFE.
PLEASE ask for help!

Please call 911 or 1-800-273-TALK.

It's a New Year.
Things WILL get better.
You may not feel it right now...but LOVE SURROUNDS YOU!

My hope and goal for 2012 is to spread awareness for suicide prevention and education.
I vow to use my experience, pain and tears to help others.
I hope one of those people is you.

Happy New Year,

Melissa
Zach's Mom 



1 comment:

  1. I don't know you but I wish u peace in 2012, my son died in 1989' not suicide but death is death, I still feel as though my life kind of stopped that Feb morn......if it were not for my other children who knows what would have happened?peace and love sylvan629@cox.net

    ReplyDelete