Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Guest Blogger: Family Struggles Lead to my Brother's Suicide.

I'm 24 I lost my brother and best friend on June 12 this year, only a few hours after my husband and kids left his house.

He was bullied our whole life by our dad and the last six years by our dad and girlfriend. The Friday before this Sunday our dads girlfriend tried to frame my brother for forgery because my dad wouldn't own up to giving him the check. My brother worked for my dad for three years before being fired and given that last paycheck.

My dad says he doesn't remember because a few weeks before he got drunk and wrecked his motorcycle and suffered brain injury's but was checked out early from the rehab center by the girlfriend because it cost to much money and then didn't allow my brother to speak to our father and it got to where my dad wouldn't speak to me if she was around.

I cut off contact (with my father) and my brother took his life instead of doing the same. My brother left behind a daughter and tons of people who loved him.


~Paige L.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really just wanted to say hello and share my sympathy for you, as someone whose brother also took his life last year (we found out on 28th November 2011 and this was the day when life in so many ways simply stopped forever).

    The pain of losing your brother in this way is nothing that someone who hasn't had this experience can ever begin to imagine the horror and sadness of.

    I feel an affinity with other siblings who are somehow surviving this pain, and although I don't know you, I just wanted to say hello.

    I hope you are managing as well as can be, Amanda

    ReplyDelete