Friday, August 26, 2011

...and the days continue to pass without Zach

I often look up at my office calendar while I work and see that it's still on April... 


I felt as though I couldn't move it forward.  It was a symbol of the day a part of me died.  The part of me who created, raised and loved Zachary. 

I thought, "How can I move this calendar forward when this is the month the life I have lived stopped?"

Tonight I looked at the calendar and turned the pages to August. 


I felt guilty and sad.  
As if I wasn't remembering my son properly by moving the calendar forward. 
Yet, I know that the days will continue to pass without Zach.

This was just another small step in my grief process. 
A step that I hope others will think about. 

Whatever you are going through, you can make it through! 
Suicide is NEVER the answer! 
You are loved, needed and wanted! 
No matter what you or anyone else has told you, you're an amazing person, put on this earth for a reason!

Just as the days continue to pass without Zach, the days will continue to pass in your life and whatever it is you're facing now is just a moment in your life. 
You can and will make it through anything! 
You will grow and sometimes change the course of your life due to the things you go through. 
 Use any and all "life tests" to better yourself. 
Prove that you are stronger than anything you are going through.

Do it because YOU ARE LOVED!

*Please note* We are NOT professional therapists or grief counselors! If you or someone you know is considering suicide -
PLEASE seek PROFESSIONAL help IMMEDIATELY!
Call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255!

1 comment:

  1. you are amazing. your work is needed and is saving someone right now. thank you.

    ReplyDelete